Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PROJECT THREE | part two

With this project we were given the opportunity to do whatever we wanted, our only parameter was to respect the historical exterior of the building. To get ideas for my building's use I used the surrounding area of downtown Durham as inspiration. There is a furniture store/frame shop down the street called TROSA. The people who work here are recovering drug addicts or alcoholics. TROSA gives them a job and a second chance at being able to support oneself and engaging in the community in a positive way. I decided to play off this idea for my building. I created a coffee shop/wine cafe with a loft apartment on the top two levels. My intention is to provide a few more jobs in downtown Durham for people who have just gotten out of any type of rehabilitation center. Also the loft apartment would be there to house someone or a couple who is trying to get back on their feet and start over with a new life. Here are the renderings of my 3D model I created of my space.

exterior



lounge space

lounge space

loft kitchen/lounge space

loft bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment